JOB DESCRIPTION GWS 1
GWS 1 Job Description
Manager Compensation & Benefits Corporate
January 17, 2021
Summary – Responsible for direction of total compensation and benefits strategy for the company; facilitate and accountable for our investment in people; research, define, support, communicate and interpret company philosophy about its people/reward policies.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the design, implementation, and administration of the company’s total compensation programs. This includes the job evaluation process, market pricing, survey completion, software selection and management, and variable pay programs design and implementation.
- Develops and recommends incentive compensation plans for application in particular segments or particular organization levels of the company. Special emphasis is placed on executive compensation and key employee retention plans.
- Responsible for evaluation of present programs through research, surveys, and analysis of trends and regulations to ensure plans are current, competitive, legal, and strategically consistent.
- Monitors and coordinates the development of all ancillary compensation and benefit programs such as group and unit incentive/bonus plans, noncash reward and recognition plans, and nonstandard employee and executive benefits.
- Provides compensation and benefits technical counsel and expertise.
- Works as a partner with the Board of Directors, including providing support for issue/topic-identification groups and forming/providing staff management for task teams.
- Leads and manages product development and maintenance from a strategic, compensation and benefits content perspective, to ensure relevance and high quality.
- Participate in the design and tracking of incentive/bonus programs for all applicable employee groups.
- Supervises employees who support the compensation and benefit functions.
Position Requirements – Typically has a bachelor’s degree, and 8 or more years of experience including 3 years of supervisory experience, or equivalent relevant work experience; e.g., each year of work experience may be substituted for each year of education required.